Rajasthani Malpua (low calorie version) easy to make By Chef Jigss
Here you go….. A delicious treat for all who are fond of Indian Deserts and have Sweet Tooth, but not to worry as this recipe is a low calorie version since we are going to “Shallow Fry” instead of “Traditional Deep Fry” in “GHEE”. Not to mention that recipe has been made very easy and instant, So now you all can go ahead and enjoy the YUMMMMMY “Rajasthani Malpua” without giving a second thought…..
I will like to dedicate today’s recipe to our very own CAKE Specialist on her birthday(24th Sept), how can anyone forget her Delicious N Yummmmy Cakes….
Many Happy Returns Of The Day “Poonam”
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1- 1 ½ cup fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Ghee for greasing and cooking
For sugar syrup
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 2 pinch cardamom powerd
- 2 pinch saffron (keasr) dissolved in 2tsp luke warn water
- 1 tbps almonds (badam) slivers
- 1 tbps pistachio (pista) slivers
Sugar Syrup –
- Combine sugar and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan , mix well and cook on medium flame for 5-7 mins till the sugar syrup gives 1 thread consistency
- Add rose water and cardamom and switch off the flame
- Add Saffron mixture and mix well…
Malpua Dough –
- Combine the plain flour and fresh cream and baking soda in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain..
- Keep it aside for 10-15 mins to set.
Making Malpua (Pancake)-
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease it lightly with little ghee
- Pour a little batter on the greased tava and spread it evenly to make approx 3 inc diameter circle (pancakes- Malpua)…
- Cook pancake (Malpua) on both sides using little ghee (shallow fry) till turns golden brown in color.
- Dip the pancakes (Malpua) in warm sugar syrup, keep in for 30-45 secs.
- Drain and arrange on a serving plate
- Serve garnished with almonds and pista slivers.
Ready to Relish… Go ahead & ENJOY your DELICIOUS “MALPUA”
Now go ahead and try in your kitchen
Do let me know how it went ………….
Hit “LIKE” & Please feel free to post your views/comments below using LEAVE REPLY form…
wait for next one….
**Don’t forget to check other recipes on Jigss Kitchen under My Recipes section and do subscribe to get regular updates via email regarding new recipes, tips & tricks posted..**
for queries/comments please feel free to contact