Mexican Tacos is a very popular dish originated from Mexico, that has the crisp tacos filled with salads, beans and topped with cheese and sour cream. The stuffing for these Taco shells is so varied that recipes get evolved according to the taste palates. In Mexico you will find that tacos are of the soft kind. The crisp tacos seemed to have originated with the proliferation of taco stands during the late fifties.
Tacos are very filling, they can be enjoyed as a meal by itself, or in combination with any other dish of your choice. An ideal and easy to cook dish when you are having a party at home.
Here is my version of Mexican Tacos, which has all the traditionally used ingredients yet tastes differently unique…
- 1 unit (450 gms) canned baked red kidney beans (rajma) with in tomato puree
- 1 unit (450 gms) canned baked beans with tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- ¾ cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- ¾ cup yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- ¾ cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 to 1 ½ cups carrots (chopped)
- ¾ to 1 cups onion greens (chopped)
- 1 ½ to 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 1 ½ to 2 cups cabbage/lettuce (shredded/sliced)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp garlic paste (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp Mexican seasoning (optional)
- ½ -1 tsp red chilly powder (optional)
- 3-4 tsp red chilly flakes (as per taste)
- 1-2 tsp black pepper power
- 4-5 tbsp hot red chilly sauce (as per taste)
- 4-5 tbsp tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- Taco Shells medium size 40-45
- Shredded Cheese approx 400-500 gms
- Honey-Mustard Sauce approx 1 cup
- Ranch Sauce/Sour Cream approx 1 cup
Preparation Time: 25-30 mins
Cooking Time : 8-10 mins
Makes: 40-45 medium sized tacos
Heat cooking oil in a large vessel/pan..
Add onions, bell-peppers, carrots mix well and…
saute for about 1 min….
Now add garlic paste (optional), onion greens and mix well..
Add cabbage/lettuce mix well …
Add , Mexican Seasoning, black pepper, red chilly flakes , salt and saute for 1 min,..
Now add tomato ketchup and chilly sauce and mix well…
Add rajma and beans with tomato puree, red chilly powder (optional) and salt as per requirement…
Mix well and cook for 4-5 mins or till mixture comes to boil. You may add little water if mixture become dry (just enough to moist the mixture).Turn of the flame and your taco filling is ready.
Ready to Assemble
- Prepared Taco filling
- Taco Shells
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Ranch Sauce/ Sour Cream
- Grated Cheese
How to Serve
Take Taco Shell and place it on a plate/serving dish,..
fill-in warm-hot taco filling which we have prepared,..
Add on to it the Honey-Mustard Sauce and Ranch Sauce/ Sour Cream,..
Top it up with grated Cheese & repeat same with other Taco Shells…
Your Delicious Mexican Tacos are ready to serve…Serve immediately …
You ready to go ahead and try in your kitchen….
Do let me know how it went ………….
Hit the “LIKE” button &/or SHARE with your family and friends. also please feel free to post your views/comments below using LEAVE REPLY form…
wait for next one….
**Don’t forget to check other recipes on Jigss Kitchen under My Recipes section and do subscribe to get regular updates via email regarding new recipes, tips & tricks posted..**
for queries/comments please feel free to contact