An omelette with a twist…100% veg “OMELETTE”….
Tomato Omelette – here is a one omelette which does not have eggs in it. This tomato omelette makes for a good breakfast or brunch.
The tomatoes lend their faint umami flavor and along with the gram flour you get a warm & spiced omelette. Here gram flour/besan is used as a base along with the regular Indian herbs & spices. Simple and easy to make, it can be put together in less than 15 mins and is a good rescue for bachelor cooking or to serve at-the-drop-of-hat guests or for busy morning breakfasts. Its very filling and protein rich. Not to mention about the omelette that they are extremely versatile as can change the veggies as per your choice.
- 1 1/4 cup gram flour/besan
- 1/4 cup plain flour (wheat)
- 2 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 green chili, finely chopped
- ¼ or ½ cup coriander/cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp black salt powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1.5 to 2 cups water
- salt as required
- cooking oil/ butter as required for cooking the omelette
For Garnish & Serving
- processed cheese (optional)
- sliced breads
- tomato sauce
- green chutney (coriander chutney or mint chutney)
- chopped onions & green coriander
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time 20 Mins
mix all the ingredients together, except chopped onions & oil.& make a medium consistency batter. Leave aside for 10-15 mins
Tip: for better taste you may add ¼ cup tomato puree along with chopped tomatoes.
heat a tava or a flat pan & with a large spoon pour the batter on the pan like we make pancakes. add some oil drops on the edges & top of the omelette.
Sprinkle chopped onions….
flip and cook the other side
cook the tomato omelette till both sides are cooked.
top it up with grated cheese as per taste
serve tomato omelette with bread-butter and some coriander chutney or tomato sauce & chopped onion salad..
You are ready to go ahead and try in your kitchen….
Do let me know how it went ………….
Hit the “LIKE” button &/or SHARE with your family and friends. also please feel free to post your views/comments below using LEAVE REPLY form…
wait for next one….
**Don’t forget to check other recipes on Jigss Kitchen under My Recipes section and do subscribe to get regular updates via email regarding new recipes, tips & tricks posted..**
for queries/comments please feel free to contact