This is Gujarat’s one of the most common breakfast item. It is very simple to make since its left-over rotis with masala and thick yogurt. It is known as “Vaghareli Rotli” in Gujarati. This can be eat as a light lunch/dinner as well. it is very easy recipe and it requires very less time, in this recipe of ” Massala Roti In Yogurt Sauce (Vaghareli Rotli) and the best part is, you can also use the left over Chapaties which very good thing about thing about this recipe.
Massala Roti In Yogurt Sauce or make Vaghareli rotli one is a favourite of mine and my family and we love it for brunch. It’s often referred to as Massala Roti In Yogurt Sauce or make Vaghareli rotli. It is a form of curried chappatis! Sounds strange?
But believe me when you try this once.. You will fall in love with it….not to mention Best Use of Your Left-Over Chappatis…!!!
- 12-15 Gujarati Rotis,
- 4-5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic-Red Chilly paste/Garlic Chutney (or as per taste, can skip if you dont prefer to use garlic)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- Pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Coriander powder
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder ( as per taste)
- 2 ½ – 3 cups Thin Yougurt/Butter Milk (prefer slightly sour)
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Chopped Green Coriander (optional)
Perpartion Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time 5-7 mins
Cut the rotis/chappatis in small pieces
Heat oil in deep vessel with mustard and cumin seeds, until they crackle
Add Green Chilli , Curry Leaves and Asafoetida
Add the Rotis/Chappatis mix well and
Let cook for 1 min or so till gets crispy brown.,
Now add ,turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt , sugar and mix well
Add butter-milk/yougurt and garlic chutney/paste
Mix well and cook till comes to boil. (add little waste if required)
Turn of the flame and is ready to serve
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve immediately
- You may use garlic chutney or chopped garlic or garlic paste as preferred, or may skip garlic as per your preference.
- You can adjust the consistency by adding waster/butter-milk as per requirement.
- Advisable to serve immediately as the rotis tend to soak up the gravy and make it dry.
You are ready to go ahead and try in your kitchen….
Do let me know how it went ………….
Hit the “LIKE” button &/or SHARE with your family and friends. also please feel free to post your views/comments below using LEAVE REPLY form…
wait for next one….
**Don’t forget to check other recipes on Jigss Kitchen under My Recipes section and do subscribe to get regular updates via email regarding new recipes, tips & tricks posted..**
for queries/comments please feel free to contact