As soon as summer starts we all welcome season of mangoes and when we talk about mangoes then who don’t like raw mangoes, specially for me an many others just cut it and sprinkle some salt, red chili powder, and or chaat massala and can eat it as it is
But today we are going to make a simple & easy yet tasty and tempting Raw Mango Curry (Kachi Keri Nu Shaak) which is one of my favourites. For this particular dish you need raw mangoes and a few spices very simple and easy to make. Its going to be a little sweet yet spicy & tangy curry. Just ir-resistible. Relished by people of all age groups.
- 2 Medium Size Raw Mangoes (approx 350-450 gms)
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp musturd seeds (optional)
- 1-2 pcs cloves (optional)
- 4-5 pcs whole black pepper (optional)
- 1 small pc of cinnamon stick (optionsl)
- A pinch of asafoetida (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 to 1 and half tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 and half cup jaggery (approx)
- 2-3 tsp oil
Perpartion Time: 25-35 mins
Cooking Time 5-7 mins
Wash and peal of raw mango skin
Cut down mango into big chunks and eventually remove the seed
Now finely chop the cut mango
Add salt to the chopped mangoes and mix well
Leave aside for 15-20 mins or till it releases some water &
Drain off the water released by chopped mangoes
Ready to Go:
- Chopped & slat applied raw mangoes approx 2 cups
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- ½ tsp musturd seeds
- 2-3 cloves
- 4-5 whole black pepper
- 1 small stick cinnamon stick
- A pinch of asafoetida
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 to 1 & ½ tsp red chilli powder ( adjust as per taste)
- jaggery approx 1 to 1 & ¼ cup (should be ¾ of the chopped raw mangoes, or as per taste)
- 2-3 tsp oil
Heat oil in a deep pan
When heated add cumin seeds, when its crackle
Add, mustard seed, cinnamon stick, cloves , black pepper, asafoetida
ow add chopped raw mangoes
Sprinkle turmeric powder, mix well and
cook for 1-2 mins
Now turn off the flame and add red chilli powder and mix well
In the hot mixture add jaggery (broken down into small pcs) , mix well.
Jaggery will dissolve in few mins and form thick curry (keep stirring frequently),
Leave it aside to cool down.
Is ready to Serve or Store in a air tight container. Serve as desired with roti, paratha, puris, etc.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for 7-10 days
You are ready to go ahead and try in your kitchen….
Do let me know how it went ………….
Hit the “LIKE” button &/or SHARE with your family and friends. also please feel free to post your views/comments below using LEAVE REPLY form…
wait for next one….
**Don’t forget to check other recipes on Jigss Kitchen under My Recipes section and do subscribe to get regular updates via email regarding new recipes, tips & tricks posted..**
for queries/comments please feel free to contact