Aam ka Panna ( Raw Mango Cooler) is a very refreshing and cooling summer drink with green raw mango. Aam panna recipe is a much sought after summer drink across India. I make aam panna recipe every mango season. This raw mango juice recipe is one of a kind juice. It is sweet, salty and tangy. Very refreshing and tasty juice to beat the heat. Aam panna is basically cooked raw mango juice with spices and salt.
To make aam panna recipe you can use any kind of raw mango. The color of aam panna drink will vary with the kind of raw mango you use. If making aam panna concentrate make sure you store in a thoroughly cleaned dry bottle. Since we do not add any preservative always refrigerate the concentrate. You can vary the quantity of peppercorns cumin as per taste. I like to make mildly spiced aam panna. You can use sugar or jaggary to sweeten aam panna. You can even use honey. If using honey do not heat it. Just mix honey with the juice while serving.
- 1.5 kg raw mangoes (roughly will give approx 3 cups of mango pulp)
- 3-4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 2-3 tsp crushed black pepper powder
- 2-3 tsp black salt (sanchal) to taste
- 2-3 tsp cardamom seeds/powder
- jaggery/sugar approx equal to the quantity of raw mango pulp approx 3 cups or equal to the quantity of mango pulp (here we are using jagger and sugar 50-50%)
- Kessar ( saffron) a pinch
- salt to taste
Perpartion Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time 10-15 mins
Resting time: 30-60 mins
Wash , cut the tips and make some cuts on mangoes
boil mangoes in a pressure cooker, in a seperate vessel without water in the vessel.
cook till 3-4 whistles
Let them cool.
Peel all the mangoes and separate the pulp
mash and strain the pulp (if required), make sure no mango skin remains in the pulp
sugar, Cumin powder & salt mix well
now add crushed peppercorns, black salt and cardamom and mix well
leave it aside to rest for 30-45 mins
blend It using a hand blender to make it smooth,.
Transfer the mixture into a air tight container and store in refrigerator.
Take 2-3 tbps of prepared pulp into a glass ,
Add cold.chilled water and stir well
Add few ice cubes and serve
- you may adjust the sweetness as per your taste
- you may adjust, salt, black pepper, black salt, cumin powder as per your taste
- store the pulp in a air tigth container in refigerator peferable in deep freezer.
You are ready to go ahead and try in your kitchen….
Do let me know how it went ………….
Hit the “LIKE” button &/or SHARE with your family and friends. also please feel free to post your views/comments below using LEAVE REPLY form…
wait for next one….
**Don’t forget to check other recipes on Jigss Kitchen under My Recipes section and do subscribe to get regular updates via email regarding new recipes, tips & tricks posted..**
for queries/comments please feel free to contact